BROKEN BOW—No April Fool’s joke here. A snowy, Easter Sunday morning began with a grease fire at the McDonald’s in Broken Bow. Fire and EMS Coordinator Andy Holland said a grease fire started in the kitchen area of the restaurant around 7 a.m. on Sunday. He said there were no injuries.
Broken Bow Fire crews were able to get the fire under control, ventilated the building, and left the scene at 8:17 a.m. The restaurant’s fire suppression system had been activated according to Holland.
Holland reported that 15 firefighters responded to the McDonald’s fire, making this fire the 16th call for Broken Bow Fire since the start of 2018. KCNI/KBBN reached out to the staff at McDonald’s who confirmed the restaurant was open during the fire and that no injuries were reported.
This April Fool’s Day fire fell on the 11th anniversary of the Broken Bow south side fires which destroyed about five businesses on the square and required assistance from 13 area fire departments.