A high wind warning remains in effect from 8 pm Friday evening to 7 am Saturday morning for the following counties/areas:
Eastern Cherry-Keya Paha-Boyd-Brown-Rock-Holt-Grant-Hooker-Thomas-Blaine-Loup-Garfield-Wheeler-Custer-Western Cherry-
Including the cities of Valentine, Springview, Spencer, Butte, Lynch, Ainsworth, Bassett, Rose, Oneill, Atkinson, Hyannis, Mullen, Thedford, Halsey, Dunning, Purdum, Brewster, Taylor, Burwell, Bartlett, Ericson, Broken Bow, Cody, Eli, Merriman, and Kilgore.
* WHAT…Northwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph expected.
* WHERE…Portions of north central Nebraska.
* WHEN…From 8 PM CST /7 PM MST/ this evening to 7 AM CST /6 AM MST/ Saturday.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Visiblity will lower to 1/2 mile at times during scattered snow showers.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.