SCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. (KNEP) - The Scotts Bluff Rural Fire Department said they arrived on scene of a fire in a corn field just after 11:30 a.m. just west of County Road 22.
A resident was burning wood and the wind blew the sparks onto corn stalks catching fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire as it burned one acre of land. No one suffered any injuries.
The fire department advises residents to take extra caution when burning during dry and windy conditions. Also, they recommend to have water present.