NORFOLK – The tree branch that fell on their house turned out to be only the beginning of the trouble for some Norfolk residents.
Norfolk Fire officials say they were sent to a house on the 900-block of S. 4th Fourth St. at around 8:45 p.m. Monday. Firefighters say they saw that a large branch had fallen off a tree and onto the home.
As if that weren’t enough, the branch opened a hole through which bees had begun swarming, filling up the house.
It took about an hour for firefighters to rid the house of the insects.
Thankfully no one was hurt, but the homeowners did get stung with about five-thousand dollars worth of damages.