If you would like to learn about grasses, forbs, and range management plan to attend the Range Judging Workshop and Contest at Diamond Bar Ranch near Stapleton on Monday June 29th starting at 5:00 pm.
The Diamond Bar Ranch is located on the northern edge of Stapleton Nebraska. To find the Diamond Bar Ranch take the Main Street in Stapleton north to the home of Robert and Suzanna Jones. Participants will drive to the range site from the ranch headquarters. We will take cars to the range site.
The objective of this workshop/contest is to teach youth and adults some basic principles of range ecology, including soil-plant interaction, plant-animal interaction, and plant succession. Participants will:
- Learn to recognize the components of the range
- Identify various plants found on the range
- Evaluate the ecosystem’s current conditions.
- Develop management practices to improve the ecosystem
- Develop a better understanding of the plant communities.
- Identify ecological site conditions by testing for soil texture and characteristics
You must call the Lincoln Logan McPherson Extension Office or e-mail Randy Saner at firstname.lastname@example.org to preregister. We will take registrations on Monday June 29th. Please call by 3:00 p.m., 308-532-2683.