LBPHD: Thirty-seven new COVID-19 cases have been reported in the nine counties of Loup Basin’s district since Monday.
The cases were reported from:
Custer (14), Valley (11), Howard (6), Wheeler (2), Loup (2), Blaine (1), and Greeley (1).
All known close contacts have been asked to quarantine.
Loup Basin is saddened to report three additional COVID-19 related deaths in the district. The individuals were residents of Garfield, Greeley, and Howard counties.
Ten additional recoveries have also been reported.
Individuals Tested to Date: 8,411
Negative Labs to Date: 21,914
Cases in the Previous 14 Days: 103
Cases in the Previous 7 Days: 54
District Totals: Positives 1,997/ Recovered 1,788 / Deaths 46
Vaccination Plan Phase 1A
Loup Basin Public Health Department and our partners are currently vaccinating Phase 1A in Nebraska’s State Vaccination Plan. Phase 1A consists of the following individuals:
- Healthcare system staff (physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, radiology staff, phlebotomist/laboratory staff, anesthesia staff, patient transport, CNAs, reception staff, housekeeping, dietary staff, laundry staff, ward clerks, medical record staff, central supply staff, maintenance staff, admin support, etc.)
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- COVID-19 vaccinators and specimen collectors
- Primary care physician clinics and staff
- Long Term Care (LTC) staff and residents
- Dentists, dental assistants, and hygienists
- School nurses
- Therapists (physical, occupational, and speech)
- Mental health providers, Psychologists/Psychiatrists
- Surveyors/inspectors of healthcare facilities
- Jail and prison healthcare staff
- Public health workers
- Veterinarian staff
If you believe that you fit the criteria of Phase 1A vaccination and have not been vaccinated or scheduled to receive your vaccine, please call our office at 308-346-5795. As the vaccination of Phase 1A individuals finishes across the district (projected by January 8th), LBPHD will be moving into Phase 1B of Nebraska’s vaccination plan.
The first group to be vaccinated within Phase 1B include those 75 and older. As LBPHD and our partners are allocated vaccine from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), clinics to vaccinate these individuals will be scheduled and advertised.