Arnold Sentinel: Total Loss Reported At House Fire Northwest Of Arnold On September 8

Arnold Sentinel: Total Loss Reported At House Fire Northwest Of Arnold On September 8
Courtesy Photo

According to an article from The Arnold Sentinel, Arnold rural resident Gay Brown and her dog escaped from a house fire with no injuries in the early morning hours of Tuesday, September 8.

Gay was awoken by the smell of smoke and was luckily close enough to an exit to quickly get out and call fire and rescue. The call came in at 5:40 a.m. to the Stapleton Fire Department and in route, they called Arnold’s department to the scene about 13 miles northwest of Arnold.

“The fire was actually in our district by just a little bit,” said Robbi Smith. Stapleton was the first on the scene and Arnold responded with three trucks and eight firemen.

Tryon’s department was called in for mutual aid, as the fire completely destroyed the home and its contents. A connected garage was saved. Arnold firefighters were the last to leave the scene at 1:30 p.m. No injuries were reported to firefighters. The State Fire Marshal determined that the cause of the fire was lightning.

Gay lost everything in the fire and some have asked how to donate monetarily to help her out. Donations may be mailed to: Gay Brown Fire Relief, c/o Community First Bank, 324 Main St., Stapleton, NE 69163.

Any donations remaining after getting what is needed will be donated to the fire departments that responded. Gay and her family are very thankful for their service and dedication as they got there as fast as possible.

Share:
Comments