Prairie Pioneer Center
Do you enjoy cooking or baking? Do you like serving people who truly appreciate what you do? If so, the Prairie Pioneer Center is looking for you. We are currently taking applications for HEAD COOK and ASSISTANT COOK in Broken Bow!
You would be working Monday through Friday (possibly special events on weekends but rarely).
Hours would be approx. 8am to 2pm but can vary slightly from day to day depending on situation.
For the HEAD COOK position, we are looking for someone who…
- Is responsible enough to determine quantity of food needed for weekly ordering according to posted menu.
- Can prepare meals based on the menu, keeping costs down, while complying with the guidelines set forth for nutritional value and portion sizing.
- Can work with the Director and Assistant Cook to formulate a monthly menu in advance.
- Will be responsible enough to handle the daily cleaning of the kitchen area and all equipment.
- Can assist with cleanup of the dining area and preparing it for the next day.
- Other misc duties as set forth by the Director and Board.
For the ASSISTANT COOK position, we are looking for someone who…
- Can help the Head Cook by preparing the side dishes required for the daily menu.
- Will assist in serving the meals to the people coming into the facility to eat.
- Can manage to help assure that the dining area is ready for the noon meal.
- Can do the kitchen laundry and take responsibility to wash, dry, and put away all silverware and dishes at the end of the meal.
- Will assist in the cleanup of the kitchen and dining area and preparing it for the next day.
- Can step into the role of main cook if the Head Cook is absent for a day.
- Other misc duties as set forth by the Director and Board or needed by the Head Cook for the service of the daily menu.
Interested applicants should stop in and see Bret at the Prairie Pioneer Center, 1314 South B St, in Broken Bow, between the hours of 9 and 2 Mon-Fri. Or call the center at 308-872-6121 (preferred) or 308-233-1975 (NO TEXTS!!!!!)
Will answer questions by PM to the Prairie Pioneer Center on Facebook as soon as I can!!
*Will need to pass a DHHS background check and we are a drug and alcohol free workplace*
Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership
Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership is looking for an individual to
work as a Weatherization Technician in Loup City. Benefits available include:
Flexible scheduling, Health, Dental, Life and Vision insurance, vacation, sick
leave, retirement, Cafeteria 125 plan, and EAP.
Qualified individuals must possess: a valid Nebraska Driver’s License with a
clean driving record; a high school diploma or equivalent; previous residential
construction experience is preferred, but not required.
This individual will assist in applying energy conservation items to qualified
homes which could include insulation, windows, doors, etc. and other basic
carpentry work. Vehicles and required tools are provided.
For an application contact: CNCAP, Human Resource Department at (308)
745-0780 ext. 0. This position will be open until filled. EEO/AA