Small Fire Outside of Custer Public Power District in Broken Bow

BROKEN BOW–Around 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 29 a fire was reported outside of the Custer Public Power District building on east Highway 2 in Broken Bow. It was reported to be extinguished shortly after according to Broken Bow Fire Chief Jason Baum.

Chief Baum said the fire was likely caused by a cigarette and ignited a blaze in the landscaping island outside of the building.

Crews from the Broken Bow Fire Department were on the scene.

Custer Public Power District General Manager Rick Nelson told KCNI/KBBN the fire, thankfully, was very minor and only burned a bush and some mulch. Considering Wednesday’s strong winds, it is hard to say where the cigarette may have come from but the fire was taken care of in about five minutes.