A Broken Bow home sustained extensive damage due to a fire that caused approximately $80,000 to $90,000 worth of damage. At about 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 20, Broken Bow Fire Department received a call about the blaze at 1022, N. 14th.
Broken Bow Fire Chief Jason Baum said BBFD sent four trucks and 15 firefighters. Mutual aid was called to help with manpower. Merna Fire sent two trucks and seven firefighters while Ansley Fire sent one truck and five firefighters. Baum said the firefighters were on scene for approximately three hours.
The cause of the fire, according to Baum, was a container of cigarette butts on the outside of the house. He said the house is not inhabitable at this time. The damage, he added, is primarily to the roof of the house.