Nebraska concludes its nine-game homestand with a non-conference midweek matchup with North Dakota State on Wednesday, April 20 at Hawks Field.
First pitch between the Huskers and Bison is set for 6:35 p.m. Tonight’s game will be broadcast on KBBN 95.3 FM with coverage on the Huskers Radio Network beginning at 6 p.m.
Nebraska looks to end a three-game losing streak after ending last weekend’s four-game series vs. BYU with three consecutive one-run losses. North Dakota State comes to Lincoln after winning two of three games last weekend in a Summit League series at Omaha.
• Colby Gomes is hitting a team-best .319 at the plate, followed by Griffin Everitt (.282) and Garrett Anglim (.265).
• Everitt leads the Huskers with six home runs and 27 RBI this season, while tying with Anglim for the team lead with eight doubles on the year.
• Cam Chick is second on the team with five home runs and Max Anderson sits second on the team with 19 runs knocked in this season.
• Colby Gomes is hitting .319 with three doubles, three home runs and 10 RBI in 18 games this season, while Nick Wimmers is hitting .318 in 11 games with a double and three RBI.
• Tyler Martin has toed the rubber a team-high 15 times this season for the Husker pitching staff, followed by Emmett Olson (14), CJ Hood (12) and Mason Ornelas (11).
• As a team, Nebraska is hitting .238 with 263 hits, 52 doubles, 10 triples, 23 homers and 177 runs.
• The Husker pitching staff has a team ERA of 4.90, while allowing 204 runs, 159 earned, and striking out 281 in 292 innings.
Scouting the North Dakota State Bison
• North Dakota State enters Wednesday’s game with a 21-11 overall record and 9-3 mark in Summit League action after taking two of three games at Omaha last weekend.
• Calen Schwabe is hitting a team-best .342 at the plate, while Jack Simonsen is hitting .306 with seven doubles, two triples, four homers and 21 RBI. Logan Williams has a team-high 10 home runs and 31 RBI this season and is hitting .302.
• Wednesday night starter Ben Smith is 0-1 in four starts this season with a 9.24 ERA and four strikeouts in 12.2 innings.
• As a team, North Dakota State is hitting .276 with 289 hits, 50 doubles, three triples, 38 home runs and 196 runs through 32 games.
• The Bison pitching staff has a team ERA of 4.04, while allowing 139 runs, 120 earned, and striking out 230 in 267 innings.
• Head coach Tyler Oakes is in his first season at the helm of the North Dakota State program and holds a 21-11 record with the Bison.
• Interim head coach Trent Pratt is in his first week leading the BYU program.
• The Huskers and Bison have met five times on the diamond, with Nebraska sporting a perfect 5-0 mark over NDSU.
• Nebraska and NDSU last met in a doubleheader in 2005. The Huskers had a 12-1 win in game one before posting a 10-0 victory in the nightcap of the doubleheader on April 13, 2005.