Portions of Chadron’s west side were without electricity for a brief time Monday morning after a transformer in a field was struck by a vehicle and caught fire.
The Chadron Police Department says the incident occurred around 11:00 AM just west of Chamberlain Chapel near Stockade Road.
Fire crews were summoned and extinguished the fire with foam. No one was injured, but the fire produced thick black smoke from oil inside the transformer.
NPPD crews were on the scene with the fire department and began working to restore service to 112 customers.