Sidney’s annual Night of Hope set for Friday

SIDNEY, NE — An annual fundraiser to support cancer research and patients is right around the corner. 

The 2021 Night of Hope Walk for Cancer is set for Friday, Aug. 13 in Sidney's Legion Park. 

The event will last from 5:30 to 10 p.m. with the survivor lap set to take place at 6 p.m. There will also be luminaries, a raffle, photo booth, silent auction and a "chair-ity" auction where different themed chairs are auctioned off.

According to the organization's website, 90 percent of the funds raised from the walk stay in Sidney and surrounding communities to help local cancer patients. The other 10 percent goes to the Eppley Institute at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. The Eppley Institute specializes in cancer research. 

Night of Hope did not hold an official walk last year due to COVID-19. The group did post a slideshow celebrating and remembering cancer victims and survivors and the annual reading of the luminaries on its Facebook page. 

 

Share:
Comments