Several displaced after apartment kitchen fire

LINCOLN, Neb. -- The American Red Cross helped several people relocate Thursday night after a two-alarm fire broke out in an apartment kitchen.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue crews were called to an apartment complex near 63rd and Holdrege Streets Thursday evening. According to LFR, smoke and flames were visible from outside on arrival.

Officials say one person was still inside when the fire broke out, and that neighbors had helped that person get out. One dog was also still inside when fire crews arrived on scene, but LFR says it did not survive.

According to LFR, the fire was caused by unattended food left in a pot on the stove. That unit suffered extensive damage, estimated at around $150,000. Five neighboring units also suffered smoke and water damage.

Share:
Comments