Plattsmouth grocery store evacuated after carbon monoxide scare

PLATTSMOUTH, Neb. -- Customers and employees at a southeast Nebraska grocery store faced some scary moments on Tuesday.

A carbon monoxide leak at the Hy-Vee in Plattsmouth prompted an evacuation of the grocery store Tuesday morning.

Store officials say the evacuation was precautionary, as fire officials say the highest carbon monoxide reading was below the CDC's threshold for when people would experience symptoms.

There were no reports of any injuries.

Share:
Comments