NEBRASKA CITY – Activities and special ceremonies are scheduled at the Veterans Memorial Building in Nebraska City May 29 and 30.
An open house is planned for the public to see improvements that have taken place.
Blue Star Mothers will be presenting Quilts of Valor to local veterans. A quilt specially made by a Blue Star Mother will be presented to an honored veteran who has served our country overseas.
Live music will start at 5 p.m. on Saturday, followed by free will donation concert by Bunky Christiansen, the Traveling Troubadour.
The weekend lineup is as follows:
- Saturday, May 29 - Building open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Military memorabilia will be on display.
- Quilts of Valor presentations at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Live music at 5 on the parking lot. Bring your lawn chairs.
- Concert with Bunky Christiansen 7-9 p.m. Donations accepted at the gate. Bring your lawn chairs.
- Sunday, May 30 - Building open from 1-4 p.m. Military memorabilia will be on display.
- Quilts of Valor presentation at 2 p.m.
Donations will go toward the restoration of the building will be accepted at all the weekend’s events.