One person rescued from Lincoln apartment fire

LINCOLN, Neb. -- One person was rescued from inside a Lincoln apartment after a Monday night fire in Lincoln.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue was called to 541 Surfside Drive at 10:45 p.m. Upon arrival, crews were met by a maintenance worker who said there was smoke inside and a possible victim inside.

Upon entry into the building, authorities found heavy smoke and a victim in an apartment. The victim was pulled from the building and transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Authorities say the cause of the smoke was an unattended pot on the stove. There was no physical damage to the apartment.

Share:
Comments