An Omaha Public Schools middle school administrator is accused of digitally penetrating a girl when she was 12 years old.
Todd Compton, 47, is charged with first-degree sexual assault of a child and third-degree sexual assault of a child. He faces a minimum of 23 years and up to life in prison if convicted on both charges.
Douglas County Judge Thomas Harmon on Thursday ordered Compton to be held in jail without bail and to have no contact with children. Compton has been placed on administrative leave by the Omaha Public Schools pending the outcome of the criminal case.
Compton is a seventh-grade administrator at Davis Middle School, 8050 N. 129th Ave. The girl he is accused of inappropriately touching was not a student, officials have said. Joseph Howard, Compton’s attorney, said in court Thursday that the girl has motivation to lie about what occurred.
“This is a good person who’s in a really bad situation,” Howard said. “These allegations are false allegations by a disgruntled (youth).”
Prosecutor Anthony Clowe said the girl, now 15, told Omaha police investigators on Monday about three alleged incidents dating back to when she was 12 .
The girl said the first incident occurred at Compton’s home, the second about a year later and the third earlier this year.
Police spoke to two witnesses. One said the teen had told them two to three months ago that Compton had inappropriately touched her. Another said the girl told her two or three years ago about the alleged digital penetration.
When interviewed by police, Compton denied touching the girl inappropriately, according to an affidavit.
Howard declined to comment after the hearing. Two men who attended the hearing on behalf of Compton also declined to comment.