LINCOLN, Neb. -- On Sunday morning, Lincoln Police along with Lincoln Fire and Rescue were dispatched to a fire in the 1800 block of Belleville.
When the officers arrived, they spoke with the tenant who stated that she had left the house for a bit, and when she came back it was on fire and she called 911.
The officer indicated that the tenant, Reyna Vasquez, 33, made some statements that were concerning regarding the circumstances of the fire.
The officer then spoke with the property owners who reported having some issues with the tenant.
After working with the fire inspector, it had been determined that an accelerant like gasoline had been used to light a pile of clothes on fire in the bedroom.
The officer then determined the fire had been done by the tenant. Vasquez was taken into custody and arrested for 2nd Degree Arson.
The damage was estimated at $5,000.