HASTINGS, Neb. -- Authorities are continuing to investigate after a shooting in Hastings left a 28-year-old man dead late Friday night.
Just before 10:00 p.m., officers were called for a man with a gunshot wound. The victim had died by the time officers arrived on the scene on S. Pine Avenue.
As of Monday evening, there had been no arrests, but police say there is no current threat to the public.
"Everything has been secured," said Hastings Police Capt. Mike Doremus. "Everybody involved has been spoken to. At this point, we just need to continue to give us the opportunity to make sure that we do a decent job and find out exactly what happened."
Doremus said all witnesses and people involved stayed at the location and cooperated with police, but they are still working to decipher to the full situation.