GRAND ISLAND, Neb. — The Nebraska State Fair celebrates its 150th anniversary and its 10th year in Grand Island this summer, and the fair announced that visitors can purchase gate passes for as low as $2 per admission through a variety of package deals.
The fair will take place Aug. 23 to Sept. 2.
“We are pleased to offer the new Hometown Pass,” said Lori Cox, the fair’s executive director. “It provides our guests, and particularly local families, an excellent savings during the week.”
The Hometown Pass sells for $10 and includes five gate admissions, which are good from Aug. 26 through Aug. 29. The pass can be broken up between days or be used in a single outing for five people.
“Monday through Thursday, on-site adult admission is $6, so this is nearly a 70 percent savings when you buy early,” Cox said.
She also said the State Fair has added a senior rate for patrons age 60 and older. Seniors can attend any day of the fair for $5, rather than just on Older Nebraskans Day, Aug. 26.
She said additional savings can be found in a variety of offerings, which can be shared among friends and family for flexibility.
Fairgoers can find the Hometown Pass and the following deals online until midnight Aug. 22:
- Statecation Pass, $30, five gate admissions that can be used any day.
- Fairabration Pass, $88, which includes 11 gate admissions that can be used any day.
- Adult gate admission, $9, for one gate admission that can be used any day.
- Carnival wristband, $20, a wristband that allows unlimited carnival rides all day for one day.
- Date Night Pack, $66, which includes two gate admissions, two carnival wristbands and two $10 food vouchers that can be used any day.
On-site prices start on opening day, Friday, Aug. 23, as follows: Children 5 and under, free; kids ages 6 to 12, $3; adults ages 13 to 59, $12; seniors 60 and older, $5; carnival wristband, $30; carnival ride coupon, $1; carnival coupon book of 20, $19.
Earlier this year, the State Fair announced that it has expanded the number of concerts at this year’s event to 13, which includes a Labor Day concert for the first time since the fair moved to Grand Island.
The full State Fair entertainment lineup will feature:
- Granger Smith featuring Earl Dibbles Jr., Aug. 23, 8 p.m.
- Brett Eldredge with special guest Devin Dawson, Aug. 24, 8 p.m.
- Cody Jinks, Aug. 25, 8 p.m.
- The Drifters, Cornell Gunther’s Coasters and The Platters, Aug. 26, 11 a.m.
- Whiskey Myers with special guest Reckless Kelly, Aug. 26, 8 p.m.
- Theory of a Deadman, Aug. 27, 8 p.m.
- Bad Wolveson, Aug. 28, 8 p.m.
- Zach Williams, Aug. 29, 8 p.m.
- Maren Morris, Aug. 30, 8 p.m.
- Halestorm, Aug. 31, 8 p.m.
- Little Big Town, Sept. 1, 8 p.m.
- Trace Adkins, Sept. 2, 5 p.m.
For complete pricing information on concerts, gate admissions, carnival rides and more, visit StateFair.org.