Fireworks set Winside home ablaze; Neighbors temporarily evacuate

WINSIDE, Neb. -- A house fire took place early Saturday morning in the small village of Winside that left extensive damage.

According to officials, the fire took place around 3:00 a.m. and was caused by fireworks.

Officials also said the fire initially was gotten under control by first responders but started back up for a second time.

There were no reported injuries at the scene, though several residents in the neighborhood evacuated due to heavy smoke in the area.

 

Share:
Comments