NEBRASKA CITY – Fireworks are blamed for a garage fire at 10 p.m. on Fourth of July.
Nebraska City Fire and Rescue responded to 1717 and 1721 Fourth Avenue where a shared-owned garage was on fire.
Firefighters say a firework fell over and discharged toward the garage. The owners checked out the garage, but did not notice anything unusual. About 20 to 30 minutes later, the garage was on fire.
Three units and 24 firefighters responded.
Plattsmouth EMS was called to several incidents on the evening of July Fourth.
EMS was dispatched to James Street where a 60-year-old man on a motorbike collided with a light pole.
Within 10 minutes, EMS was dispatched to Andies Street for two emergencies. One had signs of heat stroke and another had serious hand injury due to detonation of fireworks.
A one-vehicle roll-over accident was reported just after midnight on Waconda Road. A Jeep Latitude was down 23 feet in a ditch, but the three occupants got out safely.