BEATRICE – Exmark Manufacturing employees got an unscheduled break this morning when a gas leak occurred inside the Gage County Industrial Park plant.
Southeast Communications Center emergency traffic said a natural gas line was inadvertently struck inside the plant.
Employees were evacuated from the building, across Ashland Avenue to company parking areas. Company officials declined comment, but an unidentified employee said initially, the odor from the gas was strong.
According to fire emergency communications, maintenance personnel at the plant located the leak and shut off the gas. At around 11:05 a.m., fire officials said there was no detectable level of gas that would cause a fire hazard.
A Black Hills Energy crew was summoned to the plant.