Early morning apartment fire displaces Lincoln apartment residents

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Several families in Lincoln are without a home after an apartment complex fire.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue says the fire happened near 60th and Vine Streets just after 5:00 a.m.

Officials believe the fire was caused by a cigarette on a balcony of a second floor apartment.

All of the units were evacuated, and there were no injuries, but people living in the eight apartment units affected have been displaced.

The damage is estimated to be around $100,000.

Share:
Comments