Douglas County officials: Most wanted fugitive back in Omaha

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Douglas County’s most wanted fugitive has been brought back to Omaha after being held by officials in Miami, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said.

The sheriff’s office said in a news release that Adam Hawhee, 29, was picked up by Douglas County deputies and returned to Omaha on Tuesday to face two counts of child enticement and 26 counts of child pornography.

Hawhee became a fugitive in December when he failed to appear in court on the charges, authorities said. He had twice posted bond to be released from jail earlier in the year, the first time after being arrested following a March incident in which he was accused of trying to entice girls at a park.

He was arrested again in July when police said he tried to lure a young boy into his car and exposed himself to the boy.

Following his failure to appear in court in December, local and federal authorities determined Hawhee had fled to Nicaragua, where he was taken into custody on immigration violations and extradited to Miami on May 7.

Share:
Comments