Nebraskan’s are going to have more time to register to vote this election after lawmakers voted to extend the deadline.
The decision was unanimously approved. Citizens can now complete and submit voter registrations electronically until midnight on the third Friday before the election.
According to the Madison County Voter Deadlines, registration or re-registration applies to those that:
- Have not registered to vote
- Have not updated their address on their registration
- Individuals that want to change their political party affiliation
- Individuals that have changed their name
- Individuals who will be 18 years of age on or before the November 6, 2018 General Election.
The bill takes effect immediately.