Another trip around the sun, and another year of fantastic readership on SandhillsExpress.com! It was a year of changes and adapting to an ever-changing world, but the news you want and need continues to be found on Central Nebraska’s news source!
A total of 4,644,638 page views were counted on our website in 2021, which includes each visit made on any page or story. That is 743,382 more page views than in 2020 (3,901,256)!
Top 10 Pages Visited (Rank -page name-# of page views):
- SandhillsExpress.com Home Page (1,022,676)
- Obituaries (686,078)
- Local News (179,211)
- News (116,078)
- Party Line (109,312)
- Weather Forecast (42,986)
- State News (28,215)
- Closings (27,704)
- Local Sports (26,753)
- Restaurant Menus (24,594)
Top 10 Local News Stories (Rank -story name-# of page views):
- Early Morning, Two-Vehicle Accident Claims Life Of Broken Bow Man (4,716)
- One Fatality In Train And Semi Accident In Custer County (4,541)
- Emergency Rental Assistance Applications Will Continue To Be Accepted Through August (4,469)
- Broken Bow Fire And Rescue To Escort James Bissonette Home (4,440)
- Burwell Senior And Sophomore Involved In Wednesday Morning Fatal Accident (4,425)
- Head On Collision Sends Drivers To The Hospital (4,056)
- U.S. Coast Guard Announces New Law Requiring Use of Engine Cut-off Switches (3,916)
- Racing Pair Injured In Crash During Loup 2 Loup First Leg (3,833)
- Single Vehicle Accident Sends Driver To The Hospital With Injuries (3,739)
- Esch Trial Begins Wednesday With Testimony From Officers And Child Witnesses (3,691)
Top 5 Local Sports Stories (Rank -story name-# of page views):
- State Champions Crowned at 2021 NSAA State Volleyball Championships (2,026)
- State Wrestling – Class D Area Recap and Results (1,943)
- NSAA Releases District Volleyball Finals Matchups (1,483)
- 2021 State Track and Field Championships Begin Four Day Run in Omaha (1,400)
- State Playoff Bracket Set for Class D1 and D2 Football (1,244)
Other 2021 Facts About SandhillsExpress:
The highest number of page views on a single day during 2021 was May 10 (46,539). The top story was a CBS News article: Distracted Nurse Gives Woman 6 Doses Of COVID Vaccine In A Single Shot.
Speaking of CBS, KCNI/KBBN became an affiliate of the worldwide news outlet after Westwood One News closed its doors in August of 2020. In the top twenty of pages and stories that were visited on SandhillsExpress, articles from CBS that are posted to our website take up nine of the twenty spots. The most viewed CBS article was Chad Daybell’s family says shallow graves were not dug by their dad, which was viewed 51,096 times.
According to Google Analytics, the top ten cities where users have viewed content are Omaha (98,457), Lincoln (28,960), Broken Bow (25,613), Chicago, IL (17,280), Grand Island (13,326), Boardman, OR (16,173), New York, NY (16,111), Dallas, TX (14,471), Denver, CO (13,121), and Kearney (12,946). A total of 1,092,996 users were registered to have initiated at least one session during 2021, which is an astonishing 667,008 more users than in 2020!
How about we take this info worldwide? Of the 1,092,996 users that initiated at least one session in 2021, 67,599 users were located outside of the United States! Excluding the U.S., the top five countries that viewed SandhillsExpress were Norway (12,037 users), Canada (9,066 users), United Kingdom (5,860 users), Sweden (4,258), and China (3,236). SandhillsExpress has registered at least one view in 212 different countries or territories.
Thank you for allowing SandhillsExpress.com to be your leading source for central Nebraska news, sports, weather, and beyond! Let’s have a great 2022!