LBPHD: Central Nebraska Medical Clinic And Melham Medical Center Selected As Providers To Administer COVID-19 Vaccinations

Burwell, NE – As of Tuesday, March 9th, 2,393 COVID-19 cases have been reported by Loup Basin Public Health Department (LBPHD). Due to the low case counts in recent weeks, LBPHD has decreased its frequency to a weekly update on Tuesday to the public. 

Loup Basin Public Health Department continues to encourage those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms to be tested. Testing occurs 4 days a week in the 9-county district through TestNebraska. Those wishing to take advantage of the free testing should visit www.testnebraska.com and sign up. Those seeking testing via TestNebraska can register to be tested at a testing site outside the district if that works better with their schedule. COVID-19 testing can also be performed by your primary care provider in their office. 

Vaccination efforts to combat COVID-19 continue across the health district. Loup Basin Public Health Department is excited to announce two additional vaccine providers who will be joining the districts efforts to administer COVID-19 vaccinations.

The two additional providers are both located in Broken Bow – Central Nebraska Medical Clinic and Melham Medical Center. In addition to the two new providers, vaccine is distributed through federal and state allocations to the following in LBPHD’s district: Loup Basin Public Health Department, Howard County Medical Center, Good Life Pharmacy, Anderson’s Pharmacy, Loup City Rx Shoppe, Callaway District Hospital, Frontier Family Pharmacy, and Spalding Pharmacy. 

LBPHD and its partners are vaccinating Phase 1B priority groups. Phase 1B includes those 65 years old and older, first responders, utility workers, homeless shelter staff, corrections staff, educators including support staff at schools, daycare providers, funeral home staff, grocery, meat packing plants, Co-ops, transportation, US Postal Service personnel, and public transit. 

Last week, Governor Ricketts and Nebraska Department of Human Services announced their updated plan for those with high-risk medical conditions. When the state moves into Phase 2A, up to 10% of the weekly vaccine allocations will be allotted to Nebraskans with these medical conditions. The decisions on who receives those doses will be made by the medical community. The other 90% of vaccines allocations in Phase 2A will go to Nebraskans ages 50-64. 

Those who are interested in being vaccinated, no matter your age or employer, should register via https://vaccinate.ne.gov. If you do not have access to the internet, individuals may call the DHHS COVID hotline (833)998-2275 to be assisted with the registration process.

As of March 5th, LBPHD and its vaccine partners have administered 8,813 COVID-19 vaccines. Of the total, 5,945 (67%) are first doses and 2,868 (33%) are second doses. 

About Loup Basin Public Health Department

Loup Basin Public Health Department serves nine counties including Blaine, Custer, Garfield, Greeley, Howard, Loup, Sherman, Valley and Wheeler. Follow Loup Basin Public Health Department on Facebook (@lbphd.org) and Instagram (@loupbasinpublichealthdept).

Share:
Comments