KRVN: Carbon Monoxide Exposure Suspected In Rural Oconto Residence

Rescue personnel from Oconto and Callaway responded to a rural Oconto residence Thursday morning for an illness call.

Oconto Fire Chief Cliff Badgley says carbon monoxide was suspected in the home.

Two occupants were taken to Callaway hospital and then life-flighted out to another hospital for further care. No information was available on their condition.

Badgley encourages the use of carbon monoxide detectors in the home. He says one can not see or smell carbon monoxide and it’s presence can only be discovered through a carbon monoxide detector.

Responding agencies included Oconto Volunteer Fire Department, Callaway Volunteer Fire and Rescue, Callaway District Hospital, Kearney Air Care, and Great Plains Life Net.

Share:
Comments