BROKEN BOW— Mobile food vendors were back on the agenda Tuesday night during the Broken Bow City Council meeting where discussions continue to circulate around complaints of safety and trash.
A few members of the public who were in attendance mostly spoke against mobile vendors in the Broken Bow City Square and the negative effect it has on the beauty of it. A few that spoke stated they have nothing against the mobile vendors, but would like to see them moved somewhere else. Another said the price for the mobile permit is too low especially for those that use the electricity.
City Administrator Dan Knoell, said he has been receiving complaints since the Nativity scene had been partially blocked in December. He also noted there has been trash left around as well as cords laid across the sidewalk which creates a tripping hazard and a possible liability for the City. He told the public he had been receiving enough complaints where he felt it was necessary to bring it in front of the Council. No action was taken by the board.
Also discussed during the meeting was a nuisance property at 139 S. 14th Ave. Knoell said he had talked to the property owner a number of times about needing to make improvements. He also said this property has been given extensions on making improvements and it was time the owner either make improvements or the City would need to step in.
Other approvals included Charles Sargent Irrigation lot split application, the sale of real property valued over $5,000, and appointing Susan Porter and Lawrence Stump to the Planning Commission for a three-year term.
The next Broken Bow City Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 8 at 6 PM.