NORFOLK— The 2020 NSAA State Play Production Championships wrapped up on Friday, December 11 with Classes A and B.
The day began in Class B, where York walked away with the Championship earning first place votes from all three judges and a total score of 177. York earned their fifth State Championship in the last seven years with their last state title being won in 2018, according to the NSAA.
Cozad took fourth place on Friday after earning third, fourth, and fifth place votes from the three judges and putting together 168 points. Also with 168 points was Gothenburg, but with two judges placing the team fourth and one placing them fifth, Gothenburg fell to fifth place overall in Class B.
The Class A Champion, earning first-place votes along with perfect scores from all three judges was Gretna and their performance of “Something Rotten!” Gretna continues to dominate in play production having placed either runner-up or state champion every year since 1998. According to the NSAA, with this year’s championship finish, Gretna has four Class B Runner-Up finishes, fifteen Class B Championships, one Class A Runner-Up finish, and twelve Class A Championships. They have also qualified for the State Championships every year since 1991.
2020 NSAA State Play Production Championships- Class B:
- York, “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder””-177
- Omaha Concordia, “The Last Roundup of the Guacamole Queens”-174
- Wayne, “10 Ways to Survive the End of the World”-170
- Cozad, “Elephant’s Graveyard”-168
- Gothenburg, “Humbug! A Christmas Carol”-168
- North Bend Central, “Alice in Wonderland”-161
2020 NSAA State Play Production Championships- Class A:
- Gretna, “Something Rotten!””-180
- Omaha Skutt Catholic, “Billy the Kid and the River of Doom”-176
- Fremont, “The Miracle Worker”-174
- Malcolm, “Dante’s Inferno”-172
- Lincoln High, “Lafayette No. 1”-169
- North Platte, “Elf: The Musical”-165