Chicken Coop Fire in Broken Bow

Chicken Coop Fire in Broken Bow
A heat lamp inside a chicken coop caused a fire on Saturday night in Broken Bow. Photo: Fire Chief Jason Baum

BROKEN BOW—Crews were called to a house fire around 10 p.m. Saturday, May 1 in Broken Bow. Broken Bow Fire Chief Jason Baum told KCNI/KBBN a heat lamp caused the fire in a chicken coop at 1325 South 8th Street.

According to Baum, little damage was done to the house but the chicken coop was a total loss and the chickens perished. A building to the west of the house was also a loss. Baum said the residents were not home during the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.

Broken Bow fire crews were on the scene with three trucks, including the new ladder truck. Merna, Mason City, and Ansley provided mutual aid and man power. Approximately 28 firefighters worked to put out the fire and cleared the scene by 3 a.m. Sunday morning.

Broken Bow ladder truck responds to a fire on Saturday night. Photo: Jason Baum
Photo: Jason Baum
Share:
Comments