A Calving Workshop “Assisting the Beef Cow at Calving” will be offered February 25, at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds, 5015 W Rodeo Rd Ave., North Platte NE 69101. The program is free admission and sponsored by Nebraska Cattlemen’s Lincoln County Affiliate, Stockman’s Veterinary Clinic, and Nebraska Extension. The program will start with a social at 5:00 p.m., presentations starting at 5:45 pm with a break for dinner at 6:45 pm followed by a final presentation to end at 8:30 p.m. This program is being offered in person and virtually.
Topics discussed will include:
- Handling Calving Difficulty with Emphasis on Decision Making
- Hows and Whys of Techniques for Providing Assistance
This program will Include hands-on activities with the use of a dystocia model cow. Speakers for the program will include :
- Extension Specialist Becky Funk, D.V.M. Assistant Professor of Practice, UNL School of Veterinary Medicine
- Extension Specialist Lindsay Waechter-Mead, D.V.M., Clinical Practice Veterinarian, UNL School of Veterinary Medicine
- Stockmans Veterinary Clinic Staff
To pre-register for the course in person contact Randy Saner by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 308-532-2683 or Levi Fisher by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 308-532-7200. If registering for the virtual session, please provide your e-mail when calling in or e-mailing.