CALLAWAY–In a press release from the Callaway District Hospital, CEO Brett Eggleston shares information for all business owners to share with their employees and/or customers.
At this time, here are a few important notes that I would like to share with the community:
· We are working closely with our local and state resources to remain educated on the current COVID-19 situation. Information is flowing quickly, which leads to constant changes. Please stay up to date by following reputable sources.
· Beginning Thursday, March 19 at 8 a.m. we will not be accepting visitors to the hospital and clinic. All exterior doors will remain locked with the exception of the main entrance on the south of the building. Exceptions to the visitor policy will be made for 1 individual to accompany a minor child or someone with physical or mental impairments.
o Any individual entering the facility will be subject to a health screening questionnaire and will have their temperature checked prior to entering the building.
· We have protocols in place to screen patients over the phone who are exhibiting the symptoms of COVID-19.
o We ask that any patient who is experiencing respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) to please call us prior to arrival at the hospital or clinic. This will give our staff an opportunity to offer advice via phone and determine if a face-to-face visit is necessary. If a patient is experiencing a medical emergency, please report to the ER doors on the North East corner of the hospital and use to doorbell to notify staff of your arrival.
· We are currently looking at options for telehealth visits via computer or cell phone to help limit exposure among patients. More information will be provided as soon as it is available.
· Check the hospital Facebook page for more updates and information.
· Please practice social distancing to help curtail the spread of COVID-19. Schools, businesses, churches and community events are being closed or cancelled to help with this, but it is important that we continue to spread this message.