As we enter the fall, it is time to think about the flu shot! The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the use of any licensed, age-appropriate influenza vaccine during the 2020-2021 influenza season. Everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine every season with rare exceptions. It takes about two weeks for protection to develop after vaccination.
According to the CDC, the Influenza (flu) vaccine effectiveness can vary. The protection provided by a flu vaccine varies from season to season and depends in part on the age and health status of the person getting the vaccine and the similarity or “match” between the viruses in the vaccine and those in circulation.
During years when the flu vaccine match is good, the benefits of flu vaccination will vary, depending on factors like the characteristics of the person being vaccinated (for example, their health and age), what influenza viruses are circulating that season and, potentially, which type of flu vaccine was used.
If you have questions about being vaccinated for Influenza contact your primary health care provider.
INFORMATION ON CHILD IMMUNIZATIONS
Loup Basin now offers the full spectrum of childhood immunizations for private insurance as well as those children insured through Medicaid (Kid’s Connection) or the uninsured/underinsured through the VFC program. Click here to learn more about the federal VFC program (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/index.html).
Please follow these guidelines before coming to a clinic:
- Appointments are required for children’s immunization clinics. These can be made by calling our office at 308.346.5795 or 866.522.5795.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment please call.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany children under age 19. If the parent/legal guardian is not available to accompany the children, the proxy form will need to be printed out and sent with the adult bringing your child.
- Bring your child’s immunization record with you to every appointment. If you can’t find your record contact your doctor’s office or your school nurse for a copy.
The recommended administration fee per child for immunizations are: $15 per vaccination
**Children who are eligible for VFC vaccines will not be denied vaccines due to inability to pay.**
INFORMATION ON ADULT IMMUNIZATIONS
- Appointments are not required but LBPHD requests that you call ahead (308.346.5795 or 866.522.5795) to confirm a nurse is available to administer vaccines.
- Bring your immunization record with you to every appointment. If you can’t find your record contact your doctor’s office.
The LBPHD Patient Assistance Program is available if you can’t afford your vaccine. Free vaccine is available to individuals who meet these requirements:
- You reside in the United States
- You are 19 years of age or older
- You have no health insurance coverage
- You have an annual household income that is less than
- $22,980 for individuals
- $31,020 for couples or
- $47,100 for a family of four
Vaccines offered for the Patient Assistance program are:
- Human Papilloma – HPV (Gardasil)
- Pneumonia (Pneumovax 23)
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis A (Vaqta)
- Hepatitis B (Recombivax HB)
- Chickenpox – Varicella virus (Varivax)
- Shingles (Zostavax)
- Pneumococcal (Pneumonia)
- Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis booster (Tdap)
Public Flu Clinic Schedule
- October 14th Husker Homes 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- October 22nd Ansley Auditorium Red Cross Blood Drive 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 pm.
- October 14th Arnold Economic Development 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- October 8th Farmer & Merchants Bank (Ericson) 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- October 9th Custer Center/New Discoveries Preschool (Apt needed) 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- October 21st
- Custer County Courthouse 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- City of Broken Bow (Municipal Building) 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- October 13th Parkview Plaza 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- October 20th Sacred Heart Catholic Church Parish Center Red Cross Blood Mobile 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- October 7th Comstock Den 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- October 6th Winter’s Building 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- October 6th Senior Center 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- October 15th Community Building Red Cross Blood Mobile 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- October 21st North Loup Villa 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- October 7th Sargent Key Villa 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- October 15th Community Center 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- October 6th Region 26th 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- October 8th Wolbach Community Center 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
To make an appointment or for more information about the immunization clinics, call LBPHD at 308.346.5795 or 866.522.5795