The No. 6 Nebraska volleyball team finishes the regular season this weekend at the Bob Devaney Sports Center. Nebraska hosts Maryland on Friday at 7 p.m. and Ohio State on Saturday at 7 p.m. to conclude Big Ten play. Saturday’s match against Ohio State will be broadcast on KBBN 95.3 FM with coverage on the Husker Sports Network beginning at 6:30.
Nebraska is 12-0 all-time against Maryland and swept the first meeting between the teams this season, 25-19, 25-16, 25-13, in College Park on Oct. 19.
• Nebraska is 15-7 all-time against Ohio State and will be facing the Buckeyes for the first time this conference season. The Huskers have won four in a row after losing three straight to the Buckeyes from 2014-2016.
Nebraska is 23-4 (15-3 Big Ten) after a seven-match win streak ended at No. 5 Wisconsin on Sunday.
• Nebraska has won 50 straight matches against unranked opponents since 2017.
• Over the last six seasons, Nebraska has a 59-4 record in the months of November and December. Sunday’s loss was Nebraska’s first November loss since 2016.
• The Huskers rank 10th in the nation and first in the Big Ten with an opponent hitting percentage of .151 this season.
• Nebraska has the No. 2 offensive (.282) and No. 1 defensive (.160) marks in the Big Ten during conference play.
• In Big Ten play, the Huskers are also second in kills (14.34 per set) and assists (13.31 per set).
• Lexi Sun leads NU with 3.56 kills per set and is hitting .274 on the season.
• All-America middle blocker Lauren Stivrins averages 2.63 kills and 1.02 blocks per set while hitting a team-best .384 this season. She has a .415 hitting percentage in conference play, which ranks third.
• Freshman Madi Kubik adds 2.73 kills and 2.51 digs per set. She has won two Big Ten Freshman of the Week accolades this season.
• Jazz Sweet is putting down 2.69 kills per set on the season.
• Nicklin Hames provides 10.96 assists per set and 2.89 digs per set. She has 14 double-doubles on the season, and in conference play she is second in the Big Ten in assists per set at 11.49.
• Callie Schwarzenbach leads the team in blocks at 1.10 per set.
• Freshman libero Kenzie Knuckles is leading the Huskers in digs with 3.78 per set this season.
• Maryland is hitting .191 in Big Ten play, which ranks eighth in the league. Its opponents are hitting .237, which ranks 12th.
• Erika Pritchard leads the team with 3.26 kills per set. Middle blocker Katie Myers averages 1.33 blocks and 0.39 aces per set, both third-most in the Big Ten.
Scouting Ohio State
• Ohio State ranks 12th in the Big Ten with a .169 hitting percentage, and the Buckeyes’ opponent hitting percentage of .227 ranks ninth.
• Kylie Murr leads all Big Ten players in digs per set with 4.90. As a team, the Buckeyes are second in the Big Ten at 15.54 digs per set.
• Ohio State is the only Big Ten team to have beaten league-leading Wisconsin this season. The Buckeyes earned a 3-1 upset on Nov. 8 but are 1-4 since then entering a Friday night match at Iowa.