The Nebraska soccer team hosts the South Dakota Coyotes on Wednesday and the North Dakota State Bison on Friday, for exhibition matches starting at 7:05 p.m. (CT) at Barbara Hibner Stadium.
Following this week’s games, the Huskers will stay home and kick off the 2021 regular season action on Aug. 19 against Western Illinois.
- The Big Red 2021 roster includes 11 seniors, four juniors, a redshirt sophomore, eight sophomores, and 11 freshmen. Five hometown Huskers join the roster this season while 10 total hail from Nebraska. The roster features players from 10 states and three countries.
- Nebraska returns 18 letterwinners to the roster this season from the 2020-21 campaign. Among those returners are seniors Theresa Pujado and Grace Brown, who saw action in every game for the Huskers.
- NU will host 10 regular-season games in the seventh year of Hibner Stadium, after hosting six conference matches in an abbreviated 2020 season. Additionally, this year’s slate features eight non-conference and 10 conference games.
- Four of Nebraska’s 2021 opponents qualified for the NCAA Tournament last season: Loyola Chicago, Arizona State, Rutgers and Iowa.
- The Huskers went 2-5-3 last season with a 2-1 win over Purdue (4-6-2) and a 1-0 regular season finale defeat of 2020-21 Big Ten Tournament Champion, Iowa (7-9-1).
- Head Coach John Walker enters his 27th season, alongside assistant coaches Ian Bridge (six seasons) and Marty Everding (24 seasons) and first-year volunteer assistant, Samantha Areman.